The task of the Commission BenchmarkingThe Commission Benchmarking is the steering group of the Covenant, and is responsible for the full implementation. All participating parties are represented.
In article 9 of the covenant this is specified as follows:
Article 9The Commission Benchmarking
1. The Commission Benchmarking is the steering group of the benchmarking system.
2. The Commission consists of a chairperson and following members:
- one representative of the Flemish Minister competent for economy;
- one representative of the Flemish Minister competent for energy;
- one representative of the Flemish Minister competent for environment;
- one representative of every participating Sector Organization;
- one representative appointed by the companies for which no Sector Organization has joined.
3. The members of the Commission shall jointly appoint an independent chairperson.
4. The Commission shall determine its own working procedures and if necessary, shall draw up house rules. The Commission shall aim for consensus.
5. The Commission may form project groups to prepare for decision-making by the Commission or to implement its decisions.
6. The tasks of the Commission result from its steering function, are defined in previous articles or shall be further defined during the Covenant's working; they comprise at least:
a) the co-ordination of work and activities for the implementation
of this Covenant;
b) the discussion of problems of a general nature that arise in practice in the implementation of this Covenant, the discussion of solutions and if necessary, the formulation of guidelines for these;
c) monitoring progress of the implementation of this Covenant;
d) making proposals for the amendment of this Covenant, and judging on the soundness of the applications of the parties to start talks on altered circumstances;
e) advising the Ministers about the Verification Office;
f) maintaining contacts with public organizations;
g) the realization of guidelines for judging the request for a facility with an annual energy consumption < 0.5 PJ to join the Covenant, within the meaning of Article 3;
h) preparing and updating the list of Companies, and sectoral organizations that are party to the Covenant, as referred to in Article 3, Clause 5;
i) the realization of guidelines for judging if the supporting evidence referred to in Article 4, Clauses 2 and 3, is sufficient;
j) advising on the feasibility referred to in Article 4, Clause 6, on request;
k) the realization of guidelines for judging the request to vary from the term within which energy efficiency plans must be submitted, within the meaning of Article 5, Clause 1;
l) l) preparing and publishing annual reports, within the meaning of Article 8, Clauses 3 and 4, including a survey of the efforts of the Flemish Government, referred to in Article 12.
© 2007 - 2020 | Energiebenchmarking in Vlaanderen
design by webnet. multimedia services